Lieutenant Governor Mike Parson Holds an Awards Ceremony for “Vacation Missouri” Photo Contest
On January 22, 2018, Lieutenant Governor Mike Parson held an awards ceremony for the Office of Lieutenant Governor’s “Vacation Missouri” Photo Contest winners.
The contest promoted Missouri tourism and the many wonders of the state, both natural and manmade. This year 118 entries were received from people across the United States who live and/or vacation in Missouri.
The winners were recognized during a ceremony at the Missouri State Capitol. Each received a declaration, a coin, and a picture with Lieutenant Governor Parson. Winning photographs were also posted on the Office of Lieutenant Governor of Missouri Facebook and Twitter accounts.
“Our office was overwhelmed with the positive response to the photo contest,” said Lieutenant Governor Mike Parson. “Missouri welcomes over 41 million visitors every year, and as an advocate for Missouri tourism, my office is committed to raising awareness for our state’s many destinations for tourism and vacations. I enjoyed meeting the winners in person and congratulating them,” Lieutenant Governor Parson said.
Award winners, their hometown, and photo title, are as follows:
- 1st – Daniel Marquez, Hazelwood, “Turning STL Upside Down”
- 2nd – Theresa Goebel, O’Fallon, “Springtime at the Park”
- 3rd – Anthony Wessler, Sullivan, “Bright Saturday Morning”
- Honorable Mention – Woodrina Berg, Clinton (Utah), “Meramec Springs, a New Beginning”
- Honorable Mention – Mary Hoeing, Union, “Kayaking the Huzzah”
- 1st – Angela Legens, Seymour, “Morning Catch Amidst the Fog”
- 2nd – Janice Myers, Joplin, “Sunny Day at Wommack Mill”
- 3rd – Jamie Tumbrink, Ballwin, “Beauty in the Simple Things: Katy Trail”
- Honorable Mention – W. Allin Sorenson, Springfield, “Morning at Grand Falls”
- Honorable Mention – Ludwig Alberty, Kansas City, “Liberty Memorial at Dark”
- 1st – Hal Moran, St. Charles, “Silent”
- 2nd – Mike Langille, Hermann, “AMTRAK Visits Hermann Farm”
- 3rd – Michael Edwards, Sedalia, “Milky Way Rises over Katy Trail”
- Honorable Mention – Buddy Woods, St. Charles, “Female Northern Flicker With a Chick”
- Honorable Mention – Ryan Archer, Brentwood, “Castlewood Hikers”